Paralegal – CAPE TOWN REGIONAL OFFICE
01 March 2019
LRC Cape Town
- Consultation with walk-in clients of the LRC and handle matters, as referred by supervisory attorney, to completion
- Weekly participation on office duty matters
- Conduct legal research relevant to LRC matters
- Draft memoranda, opinions on the law, research reports, and organisational reports
- Provide assistance and support by facilitating workshops with communities, civil society, community based organisations, government departments and other stakeholders
- Participate in advocacy strategies
- Provide paralegal support to the lawyers
- Excellent writing, research in English and communication skills in English and isiXhosa
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently and with others
- Ability to network with partner organisations and donors
- A commitment to strengthening public interest legal practice
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- An appropriate accredited Paralegal qualification
- At least 1 years’ experience as a paralegal
- Human Rights/Socio Economic Rights background
- Fluency in two South African languages
- Willingness to travel within the Republic
The LRC is committed to transformation; applications from previously disadvantaged candidates are therefore strongly encouraged. To apply, please email: (1) a motivational letter; (2) your CV with copies of qualifications; (3) two contactable references to: email@example.com. Please specify the position you are applying for.
Closing date: 08 March 2019 Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
If you have not been contacted by 15 March2019, please consider your application unsuccessful.