The Legal Resources Centre (LRC) seeks to appoint a Grants Management and Funding Officer to support its work. We are a non-governmental – public interest law organisation that ensures that constitutional rights are equally promoted, upheld and advanced for all who live in the country. The position is based at the LRC’s office in Johannesburg.
Purpose of the role:
Strengthen the financial sustainability of the LRC through the development of and reporting on grants, projects and other new funding streams.
Tasks and responsibilities:
Under the supervision of LRC management and the Resources Mobilisation Unit, the Grant Management and Funding Officer is responsible for the following activities:
Funding and grants management
- Dealing with financial aspects of grant and project management, fundraising and donor reporting
- Participating in LRC’s project monitoring activities
- Overseeing the filing of the LRC’s programme deliverables
- Supporting the financial management and reporting of projects to LRC management and funders
Monitoring of Project Expenditure
- Working with the finance department to prepare monthly, mid-year and end-of-year financial reports for projects
- Working with the finance department to prepare and support audits (if required by the funder)
- Monitor project payments and human resource allocation against approved budgets and funder requirements
- Analysing and forecasting costs and budgets for on-going and future projects
Funding and grants development
- Keeping an up-to-date list and analysing future funding opportunities for the LRC, including institutional donors, corporate sponsors, foundations, etc.
- Screening funding opportunities for alignment with the LRC’s objectives and work
- Develop project ideas and proposals with LRC members with accurate budgets
- Develop and implement plans for new income streams
Internal reporting and accountability
- Preparation of documents for internal and external communication which give oversight of the LRC projects (including our annual report)
- Identifying areas of organisational development to improve projects and grants management
- Collecting information for monitoring purposes
Essential qualifications and experience:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in related/relevant field
- At least 3+ years funding/donor management experience
- A sound understanding of NGO grants administration and contractual agreements; research methodologies and reporting
- Grant funding cycle and project cycle monitoring skills
- Civil society experience and knowledge of South Africa’s socio-political environment and how it impacts on social justice
The LRC is committed to transformation; applications from previously disadvantaged candidates are therefore strongly encouraged.
To apply, please email a motivational letter and your Curriculum Vitae with two contactable referees, and copies of your qualifications to Madile Modisaesi at email@example.com
Closing date 20 January 2023
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted, please consider your application unsuccessful.