Litigation AttorneysApril 12, 2021
The LRC seeks to appoint a Grant Management Officer based in Johannesburg for a fixed term period of up to 12 months.
- Ensure that existing funder agreements are efficiently managed and administered according to funder/donor requirements and organisational policy and procedure.
- Identify potential donors and funders and the relevant relationships and fundraising proposals are developed.
- Ensure that stakeholders receive regular and relevant information pertaining to the LRC funder/donor profile, portfolio and strategy.
- Compile reports to donors in accordance with reporting requirements.
- Maintain and develop international and local donor databases accurately.
- Project management, particularly monitoring of activities in line with the programme’s project budgets
- Develop strategic fundraising that is aligned to key areas that make the LRC distinctive and impactful and attract potential new income sources.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent research, quality writing and editing skills.
- Proven project management skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently and with others.
- Ability to network with partner organisations.
- Self-starter, with excellent prioritising and work-load organising skills.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Commitment to development and team work.
Essential qualifications and experience:
- An appropriate tertiary qualification in related/relevant field.
- At least 5+ years donor management experience.
- A sound understanding of NGO grants administration and contractual agreements; research methodologies and reporting.
- Grant funding cycle and project cycle monitoring skills.
- Civil society experience and knowledge of South Africa’s socio-political environment and how it impacts on social justice.
- Computer proficiency: Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of the Monitoring & Evaluation systems.
- Monitoring and evaluation experience would be advantageous.
The LRC is committed to transformation; applications from previously disadvantaged candidates are therefore strongly encouraged.
To apply, please email a motivational letter and your CV with two contactable references and copies of your qualifications to Madile Modisaesi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16 April 2021
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 7 May 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.