Grants Management Officer – JohannesburgApril 7, 2021
We are looking to fill two posts for litigation attorneys with a focus on the right to education. One post requires a minimum of five years High Court litigation experience post-articles, while the other requires two years High Court experience post-articles. Both posts are to be based at any of our offices in Cape Town, Durban, Johannesburg or Makhanda.
- Constitutional and public interest litigation and legal drafting.
- Supervising and training of candidate attorneys and paralegals.
- Regional and international advocacy.
- Networking and presentations at seminars and conferences.
- Legal research in specified LRC focus areas.
- Drafting submissions to Parliament and regional as well as international mechanisms.
- Reporting and compliance.
Required qualifications and competencies:
- Admission and enrolment as an attorney of the High Court of South Africa.
- Minimum of 5 years post articles High Court litigation experience with a focus on the right to education.
- Excellent legal writing, research and communication skills.
- Fluency in at least two official South African languages including English.
- Valid Driver’s Licence.
- Strong advocacy and litigation skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure, independently and with others.
- Ability to network with partner organisations and donors.
- A commitment to strengthening public interest legal practice and transformation within the legal profession.
- A commitment to staff development and team work.
Preferred qualifications and experience:
- Right of appearance in the in the High Court.
- An LLM degree in a human rights-related field.
- Experience in socio-economic rights litigation, with a focus on the right to education.
- Displayed human rights/socio-economic rights background at the domestic, regional or international level.
The LRC is committed to transformation; applications from previously disadvantaged candidates are therefore strongly encouraged. To apply, please email: (1) a motivational letter; (2) your CV with copies of qualifications; (3) two contactable references to: email@example.com
Closing date: 15 May 2021 .
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by 31 May 2021, please consider your application unsuccessful.